Home » News » Public Safety
Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire
The charred remains of a house, garage and trucks destroyed by fire continue to smolder after this morning blaze at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow (Jason Schreiber)
Plaistow fire Lt. John Stevens hoses down hot spots after a fire destroyed a house at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow this morning. (Jason Schreiber)
The fire was reported around 2:45 a.m. The first police officer on the scene arrived within about three minutes and discovered the two-story colonial house engulfed in flames.
The fire leveled the house, a garage, and destroyed two trucks parked at the residence. A shed behind the house was also damaged.
The state fire marshal's office was contacted, but McArdle said he doesn't believe the fire is suspicious.
Next-door neighbor Laurie Houlihan and her husband were awakened by what sounded like "a loud yelp."
She said Bartlett moved into the residence last year. His parents also recently moved into a new house nearby.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem