Home » News » Public Safety
Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire
The charred remains of a house, garage and trucks destroyed by fire continue to smolder after this morning blaze at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow (Jason Schreiber)
Plaistow fire Lt. John Stevens hoses down hot spots after a fire destroyed a house at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow this morning. (Jason Schreiber)
The fire was reported around 2:45 a.m. The first police officer on the scene arrived within about three minutes and discovered the two-story colonial house engulfed in flames.
The fire leveled the house, a garage, and destroyed two trucks parked at the residence. A shed behind the house was also damaged.
The state fire marshal's office was contacted, but McArdle said he doesn't believe the fire is suspicious.
Next-door neighbor Laurie Houlihan and her husband were awakened by what sounded like "a loud yelp."
She said Bartlett moved into the residence last year. His parents also recently moved into a new house nearby.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with school - 0
- UPDATED: Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst is identified - 1
- Need a job? The NH State Prison wants you - 0
- Man dies, toddler rescued in Manchester apartment fire - 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 2
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apparent murder-suicide in Lincoln - 0
- Bullpen stakes Royals to 2-1 World Series edge - 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 1
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
5K honors city teen who died from cancer
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood