Home » News » Public Safety
Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire
The charred remains of a house, garage and trucks destroyed by fire continue to smolder after this morning blaze at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow (Jason Schreiber)
The fire was reported around 2:45 a.m. The first police officer on the scene arrived within about three minutes and discovered the two-story colonial house engulfed in flames.
The fire leveled the house, a garage, and destroyed two trucks parked at the residence. A shed behind the house was also damaged.
The state fire marshal's office was contacted, but McArdle said he doesn't believe the fire is suspicious.
Next-door neighbor Laurie Houlihan and her husband were awakened by what sounded like "a loud yelp."
She said Bartlett moved into the residence last year. His parents also recently moved into a new house nearby.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Community groups profit from race week
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man