Home » News » Public Safety
New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash
Vasquez was heading north on Route 13 near the intersection of Secomb Road just after 5 a.m. when his 2001 Honda Civic crossed the road and hit a large rock and a tree, according to Mont Vernon Police Chief Kyle Aspinwall. The vehicle was engulfed in flame when Mont Vernon police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
Route 13 between Secomb Road in Mont Vernon and Lyndeborough Road in Amherst was closed for most of the morning while police investigated the accident. It was reopened around 11 a.m.
Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene and Aspinwall said it appears he died almost immediately after the impact.
Aspinwall said the accident remains under investigation. It's unclear whether speed played a part in the accident and until toxicology reports come back, which could take weeks, police can't say whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
However, Aspinwall said there are strong indications that driver fatigue may have been a factor in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072