Home » News » Public Safety
New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash
Vasquez was heading north on Route 13 near the intersection of Secomb Road just after 5 a.m. when his 2001 Honda Civic crossed the road and hit a large rock and a tree, according to Mont Vernon Police Chief Kyle Aspinwall. The vehicle was engulfed in flame when Mont Vernon police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
Route 13 between Secomb Road in Mont Vernon and Lyndeborough Road in Amherst was closed for most of the morning while police investigated the accident. It was reopened around 11 a.m.
Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene and Aspinwall said it appears he died almost immediately after the impact.
Aspinwall said the accident remains under investigation. It's unclear whether speed played a part in the accident and until toxicology reports come back, which could take weeks, police can't say whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
However, Aspinwall said there are strong indications that driver fatigue may have been a factor in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Hopkinton fire station project may go to 2014 vote - 0
- Police warn of holiday pitfalls - 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072