Home » News » Public Safety
New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash
One person is dead following an early morning crash on Route 13 in Mont Vernon. (Mont Vernon Police)
Vasquez was heading north on Route 13 near the intersection of Secomb Road just after 5 a.m. when his 2001 Honda Civic crossed the road and hit a large rock and a tree, according to Mont Vernon Police Chief Kyle Aspinwall. The vehicle was engulfed in flame when Mont Vernon police and firefighters arrived on the scene.
Route 13 between Secomb Road in Mont Vernon and Lyndeborough Road in Amherst was closed for most of the morning while police investigated the accident. It was reopened around 11 a.m.
Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene and Aspinwall said it appears he died almost immediately after the impact.
Aspinwall said the accident remains under investigation. It's unclear whether speed played a part in the accident and until toxicology reports come back, which could take weeks, police can't say whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
However, Aspinwall said there are strong indications that driver fatigue may have been a factor in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'