Exeter teacher placed on leave amid sex assault allegations
"It's a very active investigation," Kane said.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in 2009 and involved one student, but Kane said police are asking any other potential victims or witnesses to contact the Exeter Police Department.
"We're looking for the public's help," he said.
Kane would not say how the allegations were brought to the attention of law enforcement or provide the age of the student at the time of the alleged incident.
The teacher has been on leave since April 18, according to school Superintendent Michael Morgan.
Neither Kane nor Morgan would identify the teacher because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.
Morgan said the teacher was put on leave "so the district could conduct an investigation."
"This is a confidential personnel matter," Morgan said, adding that no additional information would be made available by the school administration.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112