Exeter teacher placed on leave amid sex assault allegations
"It's a very active investigation," Kane said.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in 2009 and involved one student, but Kane said police are asking any other potential victims or witnesses to contact the Exeter Police Department.
"We're looking for the public's help," he said.
Kane would not say how the allegations were brought to the attention of law enforcement or provide the age of the student at the time of the alleged incident.
The teacher has been on leave since April 18, according to school Superintendent Michael Morgan.
Neither Kane nor Morgan would identify the teacher because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.
Morgan said the teacher was put on leave "so the district could conduct an investigation."
"This is a confidential personnel matter," Morgan said, adding that no additional information would be made available by the school administration.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Buddhist temple plan in Peterborough advances - 0
- Granite United Church ready for summer fun on Aug. 17 - 0
- Church provides home for pastor in need - 0
- Sudanese woman who refused to renounce her Christian faith on way to NH - 3
- Diocese of Manchester's journey of faith - 1
- Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work - 0
- Parishioners mourn death of longtime priest at St. Hedwig in Manchester - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- New rabbi joins Temple Israel of Portsmouth - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 2
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us