Exeter teacher placed on leave amid sex assault allegations
"It's a very active investigation," Kane said.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in 2009 and involved one student, but Kane said police are asking any other potential victims or witnesses to contact the Exeter Police Department.
"We're looking for the public's help," he said.
Kane would not say how the allegations were brought to the attention of law enforcement or provide the age of the student at the time of the alleged incident.
The teacher has been on leave since April 18, according to school Superintendent Michael Morgan.
Neither Kane nor Morgan would identify the teacher because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.
Morgan said the teacher was put on leave "so the district could conduct an investigation."
"This is a confidential personnel matter," Morgan said, adding that no additional information would be made available by the school administration.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 1
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 1
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission