Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins vs. Rangers: Here we go again
Over the last decade Boston fans have already witnessed the Giants beating the Patriots twice in Super Bowls, a dramatic seven-game American League championship series win by the Red Sox over the Yankees in 2004 and, just two weeks ago in the NBA playoffs, the Knicks eliminate a proud, but injured-depleted Celtics’ squad in six games.
The Bruins are coming off their historic 5-4 Game 7 overtime win against Toronto Monday while in another Game 7, the Rangers dispatched the Washington Capitals 5-0 behind Henrik Lundqvist’s 35-save performance. Lundqvist posted back-to-back shutouts in Games 6 and 7 to close out the Caps.
Boston’s line of Krejci, Milan Lucic, who scored Boston’s third goal in the final two minutes of regulation on Monday and, Nathan Horton (four goals, seven points) has been the team’s top combo.
Still the Bruins are averaging a goal better than the Rangers in the playoffs. In their series against Washington, New York scored just one goal in three of the games (winning one of them) and were shutout in another contest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list