Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Drew, Red Sox pound Rays
Price walked off the mound flexing his left hand after surrendering a run-scoring single to David Ortiz on a 95-mph fastball. Manager Joe Maddon and a trainer rushed to ascertain the problem and the left-hander appeared to make no plea to remain in the game.
The Rays have lost in seven of his nine starts this season. Price has surrendered eight leads over his last six starts and been dogged by questions of about his velocity. His fastball has been tracked at an average of 2.2 mph slower this season than last, when he went 20-5 with a 2.56 ERA in 31 starts.
Will Middlebrooks hit his seventh homer of the year in the eighth off Kyle Farnsworth for a 9-2 Boston lead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand