Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox catch Rays in ninth
Rodney walked Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz to start his own trouble before striking out Mike Napoli. Another walk to Daniel Nava loaded the bases, but Rodney appeared close to escaping with a strikeout of Stephen Drew and then jumping ahead of Middlebrooks with a 1-2 count. The bases cleared quickly when left fielder Matt Joyce was unable to stop Middlebrooks’ fast-rolling grounder before it reached the wall.
Walks were at the center of both teams’ troubles. Boston’s inability to throw strikes set the Rays up for a go-ahead two-run rally and a 3-1 lead in the sixth in which Desmond Jennings and Luke Scott had RBI singles.
Dr. James Andrews performed Tommy John surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in Hanrahan’s elbow and also repaired the flexor tendon in his right forearm, agent Mike Dillon said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl