Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox catch Rays in ninth
Rodney walked Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz to start his own trouble before striking out Mike Napoli. Another walk to Daniel Nava loaded the bases, but Rodney appeared close to escaping with a strikeout of Stephen Drew and then jumping ahead of Middlebrooks with a 1-2 count. The bases cleared quickly when left fielder Matt Joyce was unable to stop Middlebrooks’ fast-rolling grounder before it reached the wall.
Walks were at the center of both teams’ troubles. Boston’s inability to throw strikes set the Rays up for a go-ahead two-run rally and a 3-1 lead in the sixth in which Desmond Jennings and Luke Scott had RBI singles.
Dr. James Andrews performed Tommy John surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in Hanrahan’s elbow and also repaired the flexor tendon in his right forearm, agent Mike Dillon said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up