Alabama pastor is adjusting to life at Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry
Craig Little, new pastor of the Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry. (ADAM SWIFT PHOTO)
In the southern states, there can be evangelical churches of the same denomination on the same block, while in the North, evangelical churches are a much rarer sight, according to Little.
“I do believe there is an opportunity for the evangelical churches to be healthy up north,” said Little. “The message, when it is all boiled down, is that there is hope for your life and a loving God created you. We are trying to make God and the scripture known to people and spreading a message of hope.”
Before moving to New Hampshire to accept the pastor position, Little said several people filled him in on life in the North, and not always to the most glowing reviews.
In the South, Little said people tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves but can be a little more coy.
Little also said it can sometimes be difficult for a pastor in a new church to be accepted immediately by the congregation, but he said that hasn’t been a problem in Londonderry.
Ultimately, he said it is the people of the congregation and not the pastor that makes a successful church.
“A congregation is a vibrant and positive thing in the community because of the people,” Little said. “I have learned that over the years.”
“We want the opportunity for families to know that their children are getting the message,” he said.
Through it all, Little said he will remember what brought him to God’s calling in the first place, loving people and loving God’s message.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
- Rock Church presents Easter cantata - 0
- Pope tells Obama of concern for 'religious freedom' in the U.S. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start