Alabama pastor is adjusting to life at Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry
Craig Little, new pastor of the Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry. (ADAM SWIFT PHOTO)
In the southern states, there can be evangelical churches of the same denomination on the same block, while in the North, evangelical churches are a much rarer sight, according to Little.
“I do believe there is an opportunity for the evangelical churches to be healthy up north,” said Little. “The message, when it is all boiled down, is that there is hope for your life and a loving God created you. We are trying to make God and the scripture known to people and spreading a message of hope.”
Before moving to New Hampshire to accept the pastor position, Little said several people filled him in on life in the North, and not always to the most glowing reviews.
In the South, Little said people tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves but can be a little more coy.
Little also said it can sometimes be difficult for a pastor in a new church to be accepted immediately by the congregation, but he said that hasn’t been a problem in Londonderry.
Ultimately, he said it is the people of the congregation and not the pastor that makes a successful church.
“A congregation is a vibrant and positive thing in the community because of the people,” Little said. “I have learned that over the years.”
“We want the opportunity for families to know that their children are getting the message,” he said.
Through it all, Little said he will remember what brought him to God’s calling in the first place, loving people and loving God’s message.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform