Alabama pastor is adjusting to life at Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry
Craig Little, new pastor of the Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry. (ADAM SWIFT PHOTO)
In the southern states, there can be evangelical churches of the same denomination on the same block, while in the North, evangelical churches are a much rarer sight, according to Little.
“I do believe there is an opportunity for the evangelical churches to be healthy up north,” said Little. “The message, when it is all boiled down, is that there is hope for your life and a loving God created you. We are trying to make God and the scripture known to people and spreading a message of hope.”
Before moving to New Hampshire to accept the pastor position, Little said several people filled him in on life in the North, and not always to the most glowing reviews.
In the South, Little said people tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves but can be a little more coy.
Little also said it can sometimes be difficult for a pastor in a new church to be accepted immediately by the congregation, but he said that hasn’t been a problem in Londonderry.
Ultimately, he said it is the people of the congregation and not the pastor that makes a successful church.
“A congregation is a vibrant and positive thing in the community because of the people,” Little said. “I have learned that over the years.”
“We want the opportunity for families to know that their children are getting the message,” he said.
Through it all, Little said he will remember what brought him to God’s calling in the first place, loving people and loving God’s message.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles