Alabama pastor is adjusting to life at Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Londonderry
In the southern states, there can be evangelical churches of the same denomination on the same block, while in the North, evangelical churches are a much rarer sight, according to Little.
“I do believe there is an opportunity for the evangelical churches to be healthy up north,” said Little. “The message, when it is all boiled down, is that there is hope for your life and a loving God created you. We are trying to make God and the scripture known to people and spreading a message of hope.”
Before moving to New Hampshire to accept the pastor position, Little said several people filled him in on life in the North, and not always to the most glowing reviews.
In the South, Little said people tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves but can be a little more coy.
Little also said it can sometimes be difficult for a pastor in a new church to be accepted immediately by the congregation, but he said that hasn’t been a problem in Londonderry.
Ultimately, he said it is the people of the congregation and not the pastor that makes a successful church.
“A congregation is a vibrant and positive thing in the community because of the people,” Little said. “I have learned that over the years.”
“We want the opportunity for families to know that their children are getting the message,” he said.
Through it all, Little said he will remember what brought him to God’s calling in the first place, loving people and loving God’s message.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466