Home » News » Public Safety
Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin
“The fire is suspicious in nature and continues to be investigated,” Bergeron said.
The fire occurred in the boys bathroom, off the boys locker room. It caused minimal damage and was controlled by the sprinkler system, Bergeron said.
The state Fire Marshal’s Office has been notified, but the fire is being investigated by local police and firefighters, he said.
Students were evacuated and spent time outside and in the cafeteria until they were released early at 1 p.m.
Students were able to come inside to eat lunch, he said.
April Woodman, assistant to the superintendent of SAU 6, said no one was injured.
Students do not have to make up the lost hour of school time because it was an emergency, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072