Home » News » Public Safety
Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin
“The fire is suspicious in nature and continues to be investigated,” Bergeron said.
The fire occurred in the boys bathroom, off the boys locker room. It caused minimal damage and was controlled by the sprinkler system, Bergeron said.
The state Fire Marshal’s Office has been notified, but the fire is being investigated by local police and firefighters, he said.
Students were evacuated and spent time outside and in the cafeteria until they were released early at 1 p.m.
Students were able to come inside to eat lunch, he said.
April Woodman, assistant to the superintendent of SAU 6, said no one was injured.
Students do not have to make up the lost hour of school time because it was an emergency, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief