Home » News » Public Safety
Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin
“The fire is suspicious in nature and continues to be investigated,” Bergeron said.
The fire occurred in the boys bathroom, off the boys locker room. It caused minimal damage and was controlled by the sprinkler system, Bergeron said.
The state Fire Marshal’s Office has been notified, but the fire is being investigated by local police and firefighters, he said.
Students were evacuated and spent time outside and in the cafeteria until they were released early at 1 p.m.
Students were able to come inside to eat lunch, he said.
April Woodman, assistant to the superintendent of SAU 6, said no one was injured.
Students do not have to make up the lost hour of school time because it was an emergency, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'