Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New London voters approve $7.2m operating budget
Failing passage was Article 3, which asked voters to put $25,000 in a previously established Conservation Land Acquisition Capital Reserve Fund.
The general operating budget, including transfers to capital reserves, has increased by a total of $182,065 or 3 percent from fiscal year 2013, town officials said.
Voters approved Article 4, which appropriated $10,000 to be turned over to the Kearsarge Regional School District in return for an option to enter into a mutually agreeable long-term lease for the town’s school building.
Also approved were Article 12, which raised $165,500 — $30,500 for fire apparatus repair, $30,000 replace a town police cruiser, $85,000 to replace a transfer station tractor and $20,000 to replace sewer waste water equipment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Britain cautious after another hostage beheading - 0
- Top Republicans back Obama's plan to fight ISIS - 1
- Obama to expand airstrikes to Syria, vows to destroy Islamic State 'wherever they exist' - 43
- Gov. Hassan orders flags to half-staff to mark 9/11 anniversary - 1
- U.S. expands attacks on Islamic State - 0
- Manchester High School West graduate completes Air Force training in San Antonio, Texas - 0
- Federal funding shortfall curtails National Guard drills - 1
- Secretary of Defense says more than 100 Americans fighting with Islamic State - 0
- Kimball Union mourns murder of alum by militant group - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof