Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New London voters approve $7.2m operating budget
Failing passage was Article 3, which asked voters to put $25,000 in a previously established Conservation Land Acquisition Capital Reserve Fund.
The general operating budget, including transfers to capital reserves, has increased by a total of $182,065 or 3 percent from fiscal year 2013, town officials said.
Voters approved Article 4, which appropriated $10,000 to be turned over to the Kearsarge Regional School District in return for an option to enter into a mutually agreeable long-term lease for the town’s school building.
Also approved were Article 12, which raised $165,500 — $30,500 for fire apparatus repair, $30,000 replace a town police cruiser, $85,000 to replace a transfer station tractor and $20,000 to replace sewer waste water equipment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans