Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New London voters approve $7.2m operating budget
Failing passage was Article 3, which asked voters to put $25,000 in a previously established Conservation Land Acquisition Capital Reserve Fund.
The general operating budget, including transfers to capital reserves, has increased by a total of $182,065 or 3 percent from fiscal year 2013, town officials said.
Voters approved Article 4, which appropriated $10,000 to be turned over to the Kearsarge Regional School District in return for an option to enter into a mutually agreeable long-term lease for the town’s school building.
Also approved were Article 12, which raised $165,500 — $30,500 for fire apparatus repair, $30,000 replace a town police cruiser, $85,000 to replace a transfer station tractor and $20,000 to replace sewer waste water equipment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Conway juggles a hot potato after town budget-cap amendment - 0
- Fire station improvements among top Goffstown issues - 0
- Decision day in Hooksett on move to Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Goshen voters decide to end district ties with Lempster - 0
- Whitefield considers expanding the Career and Technical Center - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Dunbarton's $5.7 million school budget passes - 1
- For New Hampshire towns, it's time to vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus