Nashua school district surplus estimated at more than $800,000
“The key to this calculation is the payroll, because that is such a significant portion to the budget. Eighty percent of our budget is payroll dollars, so this is largely based upon calculation of payroll accounts,” Donovan said.
“That is where the biggest piece of savings is coming from, and I estimate $148,000 savings on payroll, but that could change because I am being conservative. I won’t know for sure until the year is over. The closer I get, the less I have to project,” Donovan said.
“I should have a better idea in three weeks,” he said.
While Lozeau presented the district’s budget to the Board of Alderman as is, Lozeau has cautioned that other issues could pop up.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112