Nashua school district surplus estimated at more than $800,000
“The key to this calculation is the payroll, because that is such a significant portion to the budget. Eighty percent of our budget is payroll dollars, so this is largely based upon calculation of payroll accounts,” Donovan said.
“That is where the biggest piece of savings is coming from, and I estimate $148,000 savings on payroll, but that could change because I am being conservative. I won’t know for sure until the year is over. The closer I get, the less I have to project,” Donovan said.
“I should have a better idea in three weeks,” he said.
While Lozeau presented the district’s budget to the Board of Alderman as is, Lozeau has cautioned that other issues could pop up.
- Roadside directives aren't always as helpful as they should be - 1
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- A Deep South college town carries his name, but NH's general is no local fixture - 2
- After the election is over, the signs remain - 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Shelters provide stable places to rebuild lives - 0
- School's out for voters - 3
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Tenants, landlords trumped by persistent bedbugs - 4
- Neighbors want a sound wall for a wall of highway sound - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Library namesake rescued from the vault: Elenora Blood Carpenter gets her rightful placeREADER COMMENTS: 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten