3 dropped from lawsuit against Raymond school district
Former superintendent Jeanne Richards, Raymond High School principal Kirk Beitler and former assistant principal Jayme Rodriguez had each been named in the original complaint which alleges that a student suffered from pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year.
The agreement was reached during discussions in a pre-trial conference held May 10.
Jury selection in the remaining case against the Raymond School District is now scheduled to begin June 4. If the trial goes forward, it is expected to last about seven days.
The original complaint was filed in October 2011 by parent "Bethany T." who alleges her son suffered pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year and that the school district did not do enough to address or prevent the problem.
After that report was released, the district entered into a voluntary agreement with OCR in August 2011 to review their practices. That included bringing in an independent consultant who has made suggestions to the district that they continue to follow, Cullen said.
"All three are delighted to have their individual names cleared in this matter, and we look forward to presenting the evidence to defend the district at trial," Cullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383