3 dropped from lawsuit against Raymond school district
Former superintendent Jeanne Richards, Raymond High School principal Kirk Beitler and former assistant principal Jayme Rodriguez had each been named in the original complaint which alleges that a student suffered from pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year.
The agreement was reached during discussions in a pre-trial conference held May 10.
Jury selection in the remaining case against the Raymond School District is now scheduled to begin June 4. If the trial goes forward, it is expected to last about seven days.
The original complaint was filed in October 2011 by parent "Bethany T." who alleges her son suffered pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year and that the school district did not do enough to address or prevent the problem.
After that report was released, the district entered into a voluntary agreement with OCR in August 2011 to review their practices. That included bringing in an independent consultant who has made suggestions to the district that they continue to follow, Cullen said.
"All three are delighted to have their individual names cleared in this matter, and we look forward to presenting the evidence to defend the district at trial," Cullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112