3 dropped from lawsuit against Raymond school district
Former superintendent Jeanne Richards, Raymond High School principal Kirk Beitler and former assistant principal Jayme Rodriguez had each been named in the original complaint which alleges that a student suffered from pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year.
The agreement was reached during discussions in a pre-trial conference held May 10.
Jury selection in the remaining case against the Raymond School District is now scheduled to begin June 4. If the trial goes forward, it is expected to last about seven days.
The original complaint was filed in October 2011 by parent "Bethany T." who alleges her son suffered pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year and that the school district did not do enough to address or prevent the problem.
After that report was released, the district entered into a voluntary agreement with OCR in August 2011 to review their practices. That included bringing in an independent consultant who has made suggestions to the district that they continue to follow, Cullen said.
"All three are delighted to have their individual names cleared in this matter, and we look forward to presenting the evidence to defend the district at trial," Cullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 6
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- General says NH Guard sites foster '2nd-class' image - 0
- Good Friday message resonates inside walls of prison - 0
- Court to feds: Identify aliens arrested in NH - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire