3 dropped from lawsuit against Raymond school district
Former superintendent Jeanne Richards, Raymond High School principal Kirk Beitler and former assistant principal Jayme Rodriguez had each been named in the original complaint which alleges that a student suffered from pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year.
The agreement was reached during discussions in a pre-trial conference held May 10.
Jury selection in the remaining case against the Raymond School District is now scheduled to begin June 4. If the trial goes forward, it is expected to last about seven days.
The original complaint was filed in October 2011 by parent "Bethany T." who alleges her son suffered pervasive racial harassment during the 2010-2011 school year and that the school district did not do enough to address or prevent the problem.
After that report was released, the district entered into a voluntary agreement with OCR in August 2011 to review their practices. That included bringing in an independent consultant who has made suggestions to the district that they continue to follow, Cullen said.
"All three are delighted to have their individual names cleared in this matter, and we look forward to presenting the evidence to defend the district at trial," Cullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'