Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Portsmouth school worker indicted for attempted sexual assault
Kenneth Kimber, 34, is facing a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault for trying to lure the high school student to his apartment on Feb. 3, according to prosecutors.
He was arrested in February on 8 charges for allegedly communicating the girl and sending her an explicit photo on Facebook.
The attempted sexual assault charge came days later, followed by nine counts of stalking for a series of phone calls he made to his wife while he was being held at the county jail, according to court records.
Kimber worked for the Portsmouth school district’s information technology department and coached a boy’s basketball team at Noble High School in Berwick, Maine, at the time of his arrest.
Judge Marguerite Wageling ordered Kimber back to jail on a higher bail last month in the wake of his arrest on stalking charges.
Prosecutors said Kimber called his wife from the county jail between March 24 and April 8 in defiance of a judge’s order, which prohibited him from having contact with witnesses in his case.
Kimber’s wife later told police that she suspected her husband was having a relationship with a high-school-age girl.
Kimber allegedly began soliciting the girl between Feb. 3 and 9, police said. He will be arraigned later this month on the indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483