Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Former Portsmouth school worker indicted for attempted sexual assault
Kenneth Kimber, 34, is facing a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault for trying to lure the high school student to his apartment on Feb. 3, according to prosecutors.
He was arrested in February on 8 charges for allegedly communicating the girl and sending her an explicit photo on Facebook.
The attempted sexual assault charge came days later, followed by nine counts of stalking for a series of phone calls he made to his wife while he was being held at the county jail, according to court records.
Kimber worked for the Portsmouth school district’s information technology department and coached a boy’s basketball team at Noble High School in Berwick, Maine, at the time of his arrest.
Judge Marguerite Wageling ordered Kimber back to jail on a higher bail last month in the wake of his arrest on stalking charges.
Prosecutors said Kimber called his wife from the county jail between March 24 and April 8 in defiance of a judge’s order, which prohibited him from having contact with witnesses in his case.
Kimber’s wife later told police that she suspected her husband was having a relationship with a high-school-age girl.
Kimber allegedly began soliciting the girl between Feb. 3 and 9, police said. He will be arraigned later this month on the indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424