Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former Portsmouth school worker indicted for attempted sexual assault
Kenneth Kimber, 34, is facing a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault for trying to lure the high school student to his apartment on Feb. 3, according to prosecutors.
He was arrested in February on 8 charges for allegedly communicating the girl and sending her an explicit photo on Facebook.
The attempted sexual assault charge came days later, followed by nine counts of stalking for a series of phone calls he made to his wife while he was being held at the county jail, according to court records.
Kimber worked for the Portsmouth school district’s information technology department and coached a boy’s basketball team at Noble High School in Berwick, Maine, at the time of his arrest.
Judge Marguerite Wageling ordered Kimber back to jail on a higher bail last month in the wake of his arrest on stalking charges.
Prosecutors said Kimber called his wife from the county jail between March 24 and April 8 in defiance of a judge’s order, which prohibited him from having contact with witnesses in his case.
Kimber’s wife later told police that she suspected her husband was having a relationship with a high-school-age girl.
Kimber allegedly began soliciting the girl between Feb. 3 and 9, police said. He will be arraigned later this month on the indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 2
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax