Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Former Portsmouth school worker indicted for attempted sexual assault
Kenneth Kimber, 34, is facing a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault for trying to lure the high school student to his apartment on Feb. 3, according to prosecutors.
He was arrested in February on 8 charges for allegedly communicating the girl and sending her an explicit photo on Facebook.
The attempted sexual assault charge came days later, followed by nine counts of stalking for a series of phone calls he made to his wife while he was being held at the county jail, according to court records.
Kimber worked for the Portsmouth school district’s information technology department and coached a boy’s basketball team at Noble High School in Berwick, Maine, at the time of his arrest.
Judge Marguerite Wageling ordered Kimber back to jail on a higher bail last month in the wake of his arrest on stalking charges.
Prosecutors said Kimber called his wife from the county jail between March 24 and April 8 in defiance of a judge’s order, which prohibited him from having contact with witnesses in his case.
Kimber’s wife later told police that she suspected her husband was having a relationship with a high-school-age girl.
Kimber allegedly began soliciting the girl between Feb. 3 and 9, police said. He will be arraigned later this month on the indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917