Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Portsmouth school worker indicted for attempted sexual assault
Kenneth Kimber, 34, is facing a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault for trying to lure the high school student to his apartment on Feb. 3, according to prosecutors.
He was arrested in February on 8 charges for allegedly communicating the girl and sending her an explicit photo on Facebook.
The attempted sexual assault charge came days later, followed by nine counts of stalking for a series of phone calls he made to his wife while he was being held at the county jail, according to court records.
Kimber worked for the Portsmouth school district’s information technology department and coached a boy’s basketball team at Noble High School in Berwick, Maine, at the time of his arrest.
Judge Marguerite Wageling ordered Kimber back to jail on a higher bail last month in the wake of his arrest on stalking charges.
Prosecutors said Kimber called his wife from the county jail between March 24 and April 8 in defiance of a judge’s order, which prohibited him from having contact with witnesses in his case.
Kimber’s wife later told police that she suspected her husband was having a relationship with a high-school-age girl.
Kimber allegedly began soliciting the girl between Feb. 3 and 9, police said. He will be arraigned later this month on the indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483