No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test
Jacob Lincoln fishes on the docks at Alton Bay with his dad, John Lincoln of Marlborough, Mass., during last year's Winni Derby. UNION LEADER FILE
That’s what the grand prize winner in the Winni Derby’s salmon division will be asked this weekend.
“Due to the rumors and information on some of the fishing blogs, there has been a raised awareness that the possibility of some of the past entries for landlocked salmon entered were not fished from Lake Winnipesaukee,” a statement on the derby’s website reads.
The grand prize “will not be disbursed until successful completion of this test,” the statement says.
“It’s just something we’re doing to make sure it’s a fair competition for everyone,” LaBrie said.
“I’ve asked them for more tickets, I ran out of the first batch on Monday,” said owner A.J. Nute. “People seem to be up here fishing early this year; the fishing’s been good.”
More information can be found at www.winniderby.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change