No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test
Jacob Lincoln fishes on the docks at Alton Bay with his dad, John Lincoln of Marlborough, Mass., during last year's Winni Derby. UNION LEADER FILE
That’s what the grand prize winner in the Winni Derby’s salmon division will be asked this weekend.
“Due to the rumors and information on some of the fishing blogs, there has been a raised awareness that the possibility of some of the past entries for landlocked salmon entered were not fished from Lake Winnipesaukee,” a statement on the derby’s website reads.
The grand prize “will not be disbursed until successful completion of this test,” the statement says.
“It’s just something we’re doing to make sure it’s a fair competition for everyone,” LaBrie said.
“I’ve asked them for more tickets, I ran out of the first batch on Monday,” said owner A.J. Nute. “People seem to be up here fishing early this year; the fishing’s been good.”
More information can be found at www.winniderby.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads