No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test
That’s what the grand prize winner in the Winni Derby’s salmon division will be asked this weekend.
“Due to the rumors and information on some of the fishing blogs, there has been a raised awareness that the possibility of some of the past entries for landlocked salmon entered were not fished from Lake Winnipesaukee,” a statement on the derby’s website reads.
The grand prize “will not be disbursed until successful completion of this test,” the statement says.
“It’s just something we’re doing to make sure it’s a fair competition for everyone,” LaBrie said.
“I’ve asked them for more tickets, I ran out of the first batch on Monday,” said owner A.J. Nute. “People seem to be up here fishing early this year; the fishing’s been good.”
More information can be found at www.winniderby.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
- The blues for candidates: The ones not named Brown, that is - 0
- Gas tax hike or else? Is this New Jersey, Sen. Rausch? - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council