Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildlife Action Grants Available - 0
- The Wooten Brothers Bring the Funk to Plymouth - 0
- Picker Building artists find solitude stifling - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- Thank a Landowner Today - 0
- Registration Open for Free Winter Indoor Archery Leagues - Holderness - 0
- Amherst ready to celebrate season with tree lighting Friday - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans