Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rockingham Community Action Center reaches out to help Derry's needy - 0
- Big turnout expected for NH beer fest - 0
- Salem planners delay hearing on Italian cafe plan - 0
- Local contestants sought for Ms. Senior America pageant - 0
- Club Briefs: Big Brothers/Big Sisters celebrates matches - 0
- Salem planners OK four-lot subdivision plan - 0
- Entertainment venue promoters lament death of music icon - 0
- 'A Medium with a Message' to stop in Concord, Manchester - 0
- Cello virtuoso Dave Eggar and singer/songwriter Amber Rubarth to perform in Keene - 0
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
Big turnout expected for NH beer fest
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health