Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Win tickets to see Linkin Park