Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley - 0
- Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless - 0
- Win tickets to see ZZ Top - 0
- A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street - 0
- Berlin's Jericho ATV Festival extended to 3 days - 0
- When company comes, opt for variety - 0
- Salem selectmen honor retiring Special Olympics coach - 0
- Crystal Lake to be closed due to elevated E. coli bacteria - 0
- Letter of credit secured for Salem bike, pedestrian path - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail