Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henry Winston Huard - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- Major-Remkus - 0
- Haylee Ann-Marie Patten - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
- Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen - 0
- 50 years later, burgers and french fries still making McMemories - 0
- A new era for Nashua's police force - 1
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts