Weber Forest in Derry shows signs of damage from ATV riders
“Unfortunately, we have some ATVs twirling around and making a big pit,” said Ives. “They get off the trails, and every time they get off the trails, they make ruts.”
“The last time we sent a letter to the ATV users was in 2011 when we got hold of the list of registered vehicles in town,” said Ives. “It was a nice, good letter, and I’m thinking we need to do something again.”
Conservation Commission member Dennis Wiley said the commission would have to be careful about blocking trails along the forest.
Another option could be using more gates and giving some snowmobile users keys to the gates.
He said the local snowmobile club has keys to the gates, and in fact installed many of them.
“Our land is posted to say no ATVs, and the land is abused,” said Ives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports brings back adaptive shooting clinics - 0
- Goffstown selectmen support solar panel tax exemption - 0
- Latest Salem school project coming in under budget - 0
- Bedford gets stellar Moody's Investor rating - 0
- Family releases letter Foley wrote in captivity - 0
- Chester man took wife's advice to win Vegas jackpot - 0
- Plymouth senior center gets grant to fix sprinkler system - 0
- Auburn teen refusing to 'duck' debilitating disease - 0
- Senior News: Lifelong Learning Institute opens fall class registration today - 0
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'