Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Members of the New Hampshire House Resources, Recreation and Developement Committee are ready to hit the trails at Jericho Mountain State Park. (Sara Young-Knox)
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sochi to Plymouth, curling's the hottest thing on ice - 0
- Rescue Run, Earth Day festivities set for April 26 - 0
- ARLNH names Goffstown man Volunteer of the Year - 0
- Nashua's Lil' Iguana plans Family Fun Day May 3 - 0
- Officer says video of snowmobilers' moose meeting shows what not to do - 16
- Motorcycling Hudson couple sees the world with only the vaguest of itineraries - 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Dover High in Granite State Challenge - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Heading to fish Lake Ontario with an old friend - 0
- Visitors enjoy a little '(Peep)ing' at annual Newport event - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'