Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For those in need, New Horizons greenhouse changes everything - 0
- Dartmouth professor names 5 fun, creative stocking stuffers - 0
- Slopeside with Kathleen Humphreys: Skiing and snowboarding are the tip of the resort iceberg at Bretton Woods - 0
- 'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge - 0
- Josh Logan at British Beer Company - 1
- All aboard! Santa Express pulling out for year's last trips - 0
- Kung Fu and Dopapod at Press Room - 0
- Take a peek at Rudders during holidays in Pontine puppet production - 0
- Holiday classic at Kingswood Arts Center - 0
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Slopeside with Kathleen Humphreys: Skiing and snowboarding are the tip of the resort iceberg at Bretton Woods
Josh Logan at British Beer Company
Kwanzaa begins Dec. 26
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass