Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Members of the New Hampshire House Resources, Recreation and Developement Committee are ready to hit the trails at Jericho Mountain State Park. (Sara Young-Knox)
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stars of professional, community theater to be spotlighted - 0
- Bromberg, Hidalgo headlining at Plymouth venue - 0
- Have an appetite for family theater? Try 'Life on a Plate' - 0
- Needle-felted murals brighten up Concord this winter - 0
- 'A Light in the Dark' shines at Stockbridge - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen to unveil shop - 0
- Explore 'Mysteries of the Forest' in Auburn - 0
- PMAC jazzes it up with Goldenberg exhibit - 0
- Global musical ambassador brings Black Spirits to Hopkins Center - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Nashua mayor honored for promoting the arts
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester man gets his stolen Cadillac back along with a $125 tow bill
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism