Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
- Senior housing project's wetlands request is tabled - 0
- Salem ready to do battle with emerald ash borer - 0
- Hudson band mom ready for another Boston Marathon - 0
- Fish and Game: Skimming across water illegal, and bad idea - 0
- Souhegan High grad still on stage as one of American Idol’s’ top 11 - 0
- When help seems far away, Errol Rescue Squad founder, award winner, is close by - 0
- NH Old House & Barn Expo: Merging modern tastes, historic homes can take an expert’s help - 0
- Showcasing traditional arts at the NH Old House & Barn Expo - 0
NH Old House & Barn Expo: Merging modern tastes, historic homes can take an expert’s help
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth