Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Members of the New Hampshire House Resources, Recreation and Developement Committee are ready to hit the trails at Jericho Mountain State Park. (Sara Young-Knox)
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
- 'Interview' buzz spreads to NH - 5
- Lyndeborough official would not give up on tree - 0
- A look back at some favorite wines of the year - 0
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Contra dance capital in Nelson
Details of Reams inquiry released
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive