Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Members of the New Hampshire House Resources, Recreation and Developement Committee are ready to hit the trails at Jericho Mountain State Park. (Sara Young-Knox)
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire events starting on July 13 - 0
- Family center in Nashua offers workshop, play date - 0
- Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain - 1
- Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here - 0
- Cormac Ashe Toland born in June in Manchester - 0
- July 4th fireworks a reminder of need to protect dogs from noise - 0
- Locals, big names alike praise NH Seacoast's wave culture - 0
- 2 from NH graduate from Air Force training - 0
- Engagement of Currier-Williams - 0
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man