Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Happy trails at Jericho Mountain State Park
Members of the New Hampshire House Resources, Recreation and Developement Committee are ready to hit the trails at Jericho Mountain State Park. (Sara Young-Knox)
Today, thanks to collaboration among the state, city of Berlin, and ATV clubs, it's comprised of 80 miles of off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV) trails, a campground, visitor center, picnic pavilions and more. The park's trails, and the other state ATV trails, open for the season Thursday, May 23.
State Bureau of Trails head Chris Gamache was there to give the committee an update on and a tour of the park. For the tour, he had help from three local businesses who rent ATVs: Jericho Motorsports, Northeast Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Absolute PowerSports, and from the Androscoggin ATV Club, among others.
Before the ride, Gamache presented the Landowner of the Year to the City of Berlin. The award recognized the city for its efforts and its forward thinking in planning for the future, both in protecting the easements of present trails, and planning for new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fine casual dining in a historic setting - 0
- Beverages worth crossing the state line for - 0
- Lunch in the Park series begins Thursday - 0
- North Country native named to highest reserve enlisted position in Coast Guard - 1
- Good neighbors make great gardens in Goffstown - 0
- Salem community gardens enjoying a successful summer - 0
- Pilot program offers free bus service to Nashua children - 0
- Renovation work shuts down Albany recreation site - 0
- Pelham fireworks show now set for Saturday - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Early-bird race special for NASCAR fans
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Fine casual dining in a historic setting
Beverages worth crossing the state line for
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax